To build a diverse team reflective of California’s 45th Congressional District, our office strives to make the hiring process inclusive, accessible, and transparent. One policy implemented by the office to help achieve this is requiring all open job and internship positions to be posted publicly. For information about internships, visit this page.
We are currently hiring for the below positions. To apply for an open position, please email ResumesCA45@mail.house.gov with the title of position as the email subject line. If there are no openings, please check back later, as this page is updated on a regular basis.
The Office of Congresswoman Katie Porter has an immediate need to hire a motivated Staff Assistant for the Irvine District Office in a full-time capacity. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to ResumesCA45@mail.house.gov with “District Office Staff Assistant” in the subject line. The office will contact the best qualified candidates to begin our interview process. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
The Staff Assistant will be expected to manage the front desk during office hours, assist with the operation of district-based office programs, document constituent correspondence and draft staff responses, and support the district office with administrative office needed. Staff Assistants often provide the first impression of the office to constituents and other guests. The experiences gained in the Staff Assistant role provide a solid foundation to advance into positions of increasing responsibility.
Provides a welcoming environment and positive first impression of the office to constituents and visitors
- Handles incoming calls with poise, professionalism, and promptness
- Captures input from constituents on policy matters for the Member office’s consideration and response
- Ensures constituent casework is distributed to appropriate district staff in an efficient and effective manner (district-based role)
- Perform other duties as assigned by District Director
Effective communication skills for verbal and written correspondence
- Effective teamwork skills and the ability to support the needs of multiple team members and leaders in the office required
- Professional demeanor and an upbeat disposition while interacting with visitors, staff members, and stakeholders in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment required
- Time management skills including the ability to prioritize and track work status
- Attention to detail
Bachelor’s degree in government, political science, public policy, or related field
- Able to proficiently read, write, and speak Spanish
- Ties to Orange County are strongly preferred
- A demonstrated interest in public service
The office is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to ResumesCA45@mail.house.gov with “District Office Staff Assistant” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.